Position: Development and Digital Marketing Specialist
Full-Time, Remote/Hybrid Work optional
Immediate Report: Director of Development
Job Supervision Duty: None
Fathers’ UpLift is the country’s first mental health and substance abuse treatment facility for fathers and families, helping fathers become and remain emotionally stable for their children. Fathers’ UpLift uses peer coaching, father-child therapy, training, youth programs, and support for incarcerated and recently released fathers to honor and rehabilitate the relationship between thousands of fathers and families in the Boston area. In their outpatient clinic, over 800 fathers and families receive mental health services from clinicians trained in trauma who reflect the population being served. Outside of the clinic, Fathers’ UpLift partners with community centers, substance abuse programs, and other agencies to build a holistic approach to helping fathers rebuild their lives and their relationship with their families.
General Specialist Duties
The following list of duties is intended only to describe the various types of work that may be performed and the level of the assignment’s technical complexity (s) and is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties. The omission of a specific duty statement does not exclude it from the position if the work is consistent with the classification concept or is similar or closely related to another duty statement.
- Lead the content development and grassroots engagement side of FUL’s fundraising strategy.
- Write and/or provide supporting material for grant requests and proposals.
- Help acquire new donors and maintain an updated donor database.
- Manage donor contacts by segment.
- Secure celebrities, professionals, and experts for brand engagement (e.g. panels, donation drives, etc.)
- Manage a small degree of paid ad spend, primarily on Facebook and Instagram.
- Support the development team in donor/advocate prospecting, relationship mapping, and networking.
- Provide support to various committees and volunteers during fundraising campaigns and events.
- Perform additional duties as requested by Supervisor or Management team.
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills
- Experience in managing social media, blogs, web design, and/or content calendars
- Experience preferred in Hubspot, Mailchimp, Facebook Business Suite, and WordPress
- Certification or evidence of knowledge in SEO preferred
- Proficient in design and editing in such softwares as Canva, InVideo, and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Displays exceptional time-management and organizational skills.
- Displays passion for Fathers’ Uplift’s mission.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor whether speaking to others in person, over the phone, via e-mail, or through letters.
- Has the ability to work flexible work hours on rare occasions