The Fathers’ UpLift’s United States Therapist Recruitment (USTR) Fellowship exists to increase the number of BIPOC therapists in the mental health, behavioral health, and addictions field. We will select 14 USTR Fellows from a group of students attending Graduate Schools at Accredited Colleges & Universities in the United States of America. Twelve fellows will be selected from the state of Massachusetts. And two students will be chosen from other states. All second-year Master’s & Doctoral level students required to complete a field practicum are strongly encouraged to apply.
Each Fellow Will Receive:
- A Stipend: Fathers’ UpLift will provide $15,000 to each USTR Fellow.
- Funded Licensure Test Prep: Free Enrollment in a notable Licensure Preparation Course (Post Graduation).
- Therapist Development & Mentorship: Each USTR Fellow will have access to a group of trained therapists to cultivate their learning and growth in the mental health, behavioral health, and addiction fields.
- Access to Guest Lectures: A series of guest lecturers will join the USTR fellows to discuss Theoretical Frameworks created by scholars from diverse communities. Time will also be spent on culturally appropriate interventions and skill building topics.
- Employment Opportunities: Fathers’ UpLift will connect each Fellow to Employers ready & willing to hire upon graduation. We will find you a home where you are appreciated and valued upon completing your USTR Fellowship.